The Antelope Valley Press considers your privacy important. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all those who provide us with their contact information while using our information, products, events, or services. This policy describes the ways that personally identifiable and anonymous information about our publication subscribers, online media product users, and event registrants is collected, how that information might be shared, and how someone can request changes to the way their personal information is used or shared.
Personally identifiable information is information that can identify you, such as your full name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
We collect personally identifiable information that you choose to provide to us when you subscribe to our newspapers, sign up for email newsletters, enter a contest; participate in surveys, register for a web site, webcast; or otherwise communicate with us. When you provide this information to us, you are no longer anonymous.
We also may receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you have provided to us.
If you purchase products or services on our website or through one of our printed forms, you may choose to provide us with your credit card information.
The Antelope Valley Press is not responsible for the information you volunteer about yourself in discussions in our forums or in publicly accessible interactions, or the information that you choose to make public in your member profile. To view or change your member profile, please return to the site where you registered.
ANONYMOUS INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Most browsers allow you to modify your security to accept or reject cookies. You need not have cookies turned on to visit our sites, but without them, your access to some areas may be limited and custom navigation may not be available to you.
Like many websites, The Antelope Valley Press may use pixel tags. Pixel tags help us improve our understanding of our web traffic and visitor behavior, as well as gauge the response to our promotional efforts. This information is non-personally identifiable and is used for an aggregate picture of how visitors use our site.
We may use your contact information for any of the following reasons:
- To provide you with information about products or services you've ordered, or show interest in;
- We may also use your contact information to ask for your input to help in our research about our services, events, or products or to provide you with additional information about this site and about other The Antelope Valley Press products, services, or events that we think might be of interest to you.
- All promotional and research email messages you receive from us will include an option to opt out of future email communications from that particular Antelope Valley Press business.
- We may also send you e-newsletters with targeted, relevant content. Each e-newsletter will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of that particular e-newsletter.
- In some cases, we may send you relevant, carefully-screened offers from reputable third-party businesses or organizations. Many of our customers appreciate receiving these offers because they relate to their business or occupation. However, you will always be able to opt out of receiving future third party offers.
- We may provide contact lists to third party companies that we have employed to provide us with specialized services, including customer service, subscription fulfillment, research, statistical analysis, list cleansing, postal mailings, email deployment, telemarketing, and other information services. In compliance with privacy laws, we also provide our opt-out lists to those third-party companies so that they can be suppressed from the communications those companies send on The Antelope Valley Press’s behalf. We only deal with third party companies whom we believe share our commitment to privacy and who will keep your information secure.
- If you provide information on a co-branded site or while using a co-branded service, you grant us permission to share the information you have provided with that service or site partner. Their use of your information is subject to their privacy policies.
- Certain information, such as your password and credit card information, is never disclosed in any form whatsoever to any outside party.
In the case of a change of ownership or a merger involving The Antelope Valley Press or any business that is part of The Antelope Valley Press, your contact information associated with that business would be one of those transferred assets.
We use reasonable precautions, including appropriate technical, administrative, and physical procedures, to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration.
When we contract with other companies to provide us with services, we only share personal information with those that we believe share our commitment to privacy and information security. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of these parties.
Due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
By using any of our websites, you consent to our use of your contact information as it is outlined in this privacy statement.
If we decide to change our privacy statement, we will post the changes on this page. Users are encouraged to review this page for any changes. Your continued use of this site constitutes your acceptance of this entire privacy statement.