I see that Lancaster has entered the traffic circle contest competing with Palmdale.
The circle I encountered that is nearing construction completion on Lancaster Blvd. is so small that I thought I stumbled onto a Go Kart race track.
I doubt this circle will give entering cars much space to merge in. The best circles in use elsewhere that I have seen are much larger and have two circular lanes to allow more users to enter. Even the Palmdale one lane circle at 47th St. East is inadequate for the traffic volume.
The jerks in the bureaucracies need to build larger and more usable intersection solutions.
Don’t just march, do something
I have been following closely (how can I avoid it) how people across the nation are marching to protest the deplorable living conditions that migrants are subjected to.
Not sure what the exact conditions are but it doesn’t look pretty from the available video shown.
I suppose you could film inside the LA County jail and probably see similar overcrowding conditions also but you don’t see people in the streets marching on their behalf because the folks incarcerated there made bad decisions that landed them in their situation just like the folks in the detention centers.
My recommendation to help alleviate the over-crowding would be for those who have the time and resources to march make an effort to sponsor families in their homes and be held totally responsible for their support while their cases wind through the asylum process and be subject to punitive action if they skip out on any mandatory legal proceedings.
Marching to protest this issue may give one a warm individual fuzzy, but it is essentially lip-service. If they want to house a migrant family at the Hilton they can at least collect the Hilton rewards points!
Think about it
1. Isn’t it weird that in America our flag and our culture offend so many people, but our benefits don’t?
2. How can the govern-ment ask U.S. citizens to pay back student loans, when illegal aliens are receiving a free education?
3. Only in America are legal citizens labeled “racists” and “Nazis,” but illegal aliens are called “dreamers.”
4. Liberals say, “If confiscating all guns saves just one life, it’s worth it.” Well then, if deporting all illegals saves just one life, wouldn’t that be worth it?
5. I can’t quite figure out how you can proudly wave the flag of another country but consider it punishment to be sent back there.
6. The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
7. William F. Buckley said: “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other points of view and are then shocked and offended when they discover there are other points of view.”
8. Joseph Sobran said: “‘Need’ now means wanting someone else’s money. ‘Greed’ means wanting to keep your own. ‘Compassion’ is when a politician arranges the transfer.”
9. Florida has had 119 hurricanes since 1850, but some people still insist the last one was due to climate change.