LANCASTER — A 35-year-old man charged with shooting four men in Palmdale earlier this year, killing three of them, will be arraigned on May 28, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced Monday.

Jonathan Paul Misirli, a transient, faces three counts of murder as well as one count each of attempted murder and second-degree robbery.

The charges include special circumstance allegations of murder during the commission of a robbery and multiple murders as well as allegations of using an assault rifle and causing great bodily injury, Deputy District Attorney Ryan Williams said in a statement released by the District Attorney’s office.

Misirli was scheduled to be arraigned Monday but it was continued to May 28.

Victims Olukayode Owo­labi, 28, Sean Cowen, 24, and David Hernandez-Licona, 25, were allegedly shot to death at they sat in two vehicles near Ranch Center Drive and 40th Street West on Jan. 16, the prosecutor said. A fourth victim in one of the vehicles was shot but survived, the prosecutor added.

Misirli faces the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole if convicted as charged. A decision on whether to seek capital punishment will be made at a later date. The defendant is being held with no bail.

The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.