LANCASTER — A fire broke out Thursday morning in the laundry room of the Regal Lodge Motel and spread to the attic before Los Angeles County firefighters extinguished it.
The fire was reported at 10:27 a.m. The L.A. County Fire Department sent four engines to the scene, according to a Los Angeles County Fire Department dispatcher.
The blaze was extinguished at 10:51 a.m.
“It filtered through the attic space throughout the entire motel. We were fortunate to confine it to that one area only,” Capt. Ken Garcia of Station 33 in downtown Lancaster said.
No injuries were reported.
The electricity and gas were turned off at the motel as a precaution. Garcia and the motel’s operators checked each room for power after the fire was extinguished to see if the individual rooms could be re-inhabited.
“We’ve restored most of it,” Garcia said.
The motel has 20 rooms, of which eight were occupied. Anyone who was left out of a room because of damage or a lack of electricity would be provided assistance by the Antelope Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross.
To share your opinion on this article or any other article, write a letter to the editor and email it to email@example.com or mail it to Letters to Editor, PO Box 4050, Palmdale CA 93590-4050.